Sandtex Cool Roof
Sandtex Cool Roof is the no-mess, no-fuss answer to environmentally-friendly roof coatings that provides performance, durability and energy saving benefits. Sandtex Cool Roof exhibits the unique property of Total Solar Reflectance (TSR). This unsurpassed coating reflects and emits the suns heat, keeping a roof cooler, as well as reducing the amount of heat transferred into the home.
The unique property of TSR allows for an extremely durable, weather resistant coating. The acrylic formulation offers excellent no-peel adhesion. Its UV and water resistance gives long lasting, colour fast protection to corrugated fibre cement sheets, cement or clay roof tiles, and galvanized iron. Sandtex Cool Roof is so versatile it can also be used on windowsills, fascia’s and gutters. For optimum Cool Roof benefits, it is highly recommended that you first apply a single coat of Cool Roof White, followed by two coats of the colour of your choice.
Cleaning solvent-based paint from brushes and equipment requires the use of a white spirit or solvent-based brush cleaner. This type of cleaner releases Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) into the air when used. Because they’re volatile, these compounds vaporize and emit gases. Products with high levels of VOCs are linked to a range of health problems, including some very serious diseases as well as more minor complaints like headaches and eye, throat and nose irritations. Cool Roof is a water-based paint so brushes and equipment can be cleaned using water.
UNIQUE PRODUCT BENEFITS
• UV and water resistant for long lasting protection
• The coating has a minimum Total Solar Reflectance (TSR) of 30-32%
• Reduces the temperature of your roof by approximately 8-12 °C
• Cools your home’s interior by up to 10°C
• So versatile it can be used on windowsills, fascia’s and gutters
• Easy application by brush, roller or spray
• Dries quickly so you can overcoat in just one hour
• Up to 15 years durability
• Allow ±1 hour drying time between coats
• Drying times may be extended during wet or cold weather
• Galvanized Iron – 7m²/lt
• Rough Gritty Tiles – 2-3m²/lt
• Fibre Cement – 5-6m²/lt
• Clean equipment, tools and spillages with warm, soapy water as soon as possible after application.
• Do not allow paint to dry out on equipment.
• Keep out of reach of children, pets and uninformed persons.
• This product should be stored in a cool, dry place 8°C-25°C.
• Ensure the lid is tightly secured to prevent leakages or drying out during storage.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• In case of accidental contact with eyes or skin, wash the affected area with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
• This product is harmful if swallowed. Do not induce vomiting; call your local poison centre or doctor.